Through our partnership with the Kentucky Department of Education, VSA Kentucky is proud to be sponsoring the Shakespeare Behind Bars Program for inmates ages 18 to 21 in Kentucky Corrections facilities. This program truly changes lives. In a real and lasting way, it teaches the life skills of self-discipline and self-responsibility, improves communication skills, builds character and positive self-image, and opens cognitive doorways for more positive options and choices in life. Truly a program that empowers the positive in the lives of the participants, building skills and understandings to help participants in career readiness, leading more meaningful and successful lives in the world.
- Students work ‘Side-by-Side’ with local artists to create their own masterpieces
- WKU NPR: Summit to Make Arts More Accessible to People with Disabilities Set for March 30 in Bowling Green
- BG Daily News: Artist to have exhibit during Gallery Hop at SKyPAC
- VSA Kentucky Ron Billings Emerging Artist Award Winner
- Sen. Wilson presents grant to VSA Kentucky on Arts Day